
Seriously now,
What is this world coming to when you are a parent of a 15 year old and that child decides to run away from home and you call the police and they tell you that there is nothing that they can do to bring her home because that child is over 14!!
Is that child old enough to care for him or herself?
Do they know right from wrong?
I know in the older days the parents were still allowed to take that child across their knee( not always saying it was right) but We had way less missing children back then.
Now adays you can't do that anymore, so what are our choices?
We do the best to our ability to raise them as we see fit and when they turn 15 and they don't like something they can just stick out their tongues and say screw you and leave and there is nothing that we can do about it!!
This is only going to get worse! Soon they will say 13 is too old for them to pick up!!
For crying out loud, they are only kids even still at 15!!
What are we supposed to be teaching our children and should we be teaching them how to live on their own earlier?
Well where has this all come up you ask and why am I writing this?
Well I have a friend and her 15 year old daughter just ran away to a big city, Ya Id say scary!! Anyways she phoned the police and asked them if there is anything that they can do or could they bring her home, they told her no, at 15 they cannot bring her home.
Well now this child is going to the hospital to get her stomach pumped because someone had phoned the police about a party and that there were underaged kids there that were drinking, this girl happened to be one of them!!
So my friend asked them what now?
Can you send her home after?
They told her no they could not make her come home!!
They figure if shes okay and the doctors do not have to pump that she will go to jail for an evening and then be released in the morning to do what she wants when she wants!!
So I'm asking for prayer for all the teens out there that are not at home or have a safe place to go and I ask for prayer for the parents of those children!! And yes I have been calling them children because in my eyes they still are children!!
This child phoned her mom a day ago to tell her that she loves her and that she will be home soon, she said that she ran away to find herself!! Really how grown up is that?
I know all situations are not like this, and these are just my thoughts on this particular case!! I know the police do there best and that they can't track down all the runaways!!
My question to you is what can we do??
Love them!!
What else?
MANNY
2 comments:
Ohhh manny...
I know how much this family means to you!! I could tell by our short phone chat the other day.
I'm not sure what we can do eaither! I agree..it's nuts that they won't do anything cause of her age! Scares me a bit!
I guess all we can do is pray!! Keep praying!! I promise I will!!
Love you!!
Dawn
If Avery or Emma do that... I'm gonna snap ! so they best not !
Post a Comment