
Hello!
Today was a pretty rough day for me.
Char came and watched my kids for me so that I could take Dominic to his follow up appointment.
The doctor said that his chest doesn't sound any better so guess what I got to do today.

I got to put the poor baby in one of those.
The x-ray went fast though, so it wasn't too bad.
He cried just about the entire time that he was in there and it was so sad to leave him there. I got to go and try and calm him down while she went to go make sure that the x-ray came out alright and by the time 2 minutes were up I had him smiling.
After that I had to take him to the nurses station where the nurses gave him a throat swab and put some sort of numbing cream on his arms and told me to come back in an hour because they wanted to take blood from him too.
So I went home and Ed asked Char if she could stay longer because he had things he needed to get done and we needed someone to watch the other two because there was no way I was going to take them in for that.
So I went home and Ed asked Char if she could stay longer because he had things he needed to get done and we needed someone to watch the other two because there was no way I was going to take them in for that.
Of course she said yes!
After having coffee with Char. I took him back in.
Before they started it though they were also asked to hook him up to the heart machine to see if his heart was beating okay.
Boy I tell you it was not fun trying to keep a baby still while they are putting the stickers and attaching wires to them that were bigger then he is. I tell you he was getting mad.
After we got that done and over with , they decide it is now time to take some blood.
So in comes another nurse and she jus about lays on him to keep him still. He is really screaming now and is so angry. Every once in a while he would look up at me as if to say,"Mommy why are you letting them do this too me." He managed threw it though. Afterwards I asked them if the cream actually did anything and they said yes it calms the parents down. I noticed that while they were holding him down he was the maddest. You could tell in the pitch of his scream when the needle went in but it didn't last for long.
After that I got to take my baby home and put him to bed because he was exhausted. I finely got to have a coffee with Char. Then she went home and I started waiting on the test results. You can guess how the rest of my day went.
I didn't hear back from them till this morning and they all came back good so we are pretty sure that he only has a chest infection. I also asked why they did a heart test on him and they said that his heart looks a little big on the x-ray so they were just checking everything out while they were at it. I don't know if its something that we will have to deal with later in life or not but I will be asking my doctor that when we have our follow up next week. Since they didn't say anything I am hopping that its okay but for now I will try not to worry about it and just deal with things as they come.
Well I better go play with my kids.
MANNY
PS Thanks for watching my kids again Char. You made the day go a little easier.
Boy I tell you it was not fun trying to keep a baby still while they are putting the stickers and attaching wires to them that were bigger then he is. I tell you he was getting mad.
After we got that done and over with , they decide it is now time to take some blood.
So in comes another nurse and she jus about lays on him to keep him still. He is really screaming now and is so angry. Every once in a while he would look up at me as if to say,"Mommy why are you letting them do this too me." He managed threw it though. Afterwards I asked them if the cream actually did anything and they said yes it calms the parents down. I noticed that while they were holding him down he was the maddest. You could tell in the pitch of his scream when the needle went in but it didn't last for long.
After that I got to take my baby home and put him to bed because he was exhausted. I finely got to have a coffee with Char. Then she went home and I started waiting on the test results. You can guess how the rest of my day went.
I didn't hear back from them till this morning and they all came back good so we are pretty sure that he only has a chest infection. I also asked why they did a heart test on him and they said that his heart looks a little big on the x-ray so they were just checking everything out while they were at it. I don't know if its something that we will have to deal with later in life or not but I will be asking my doctor that when we have our follow up next week. Since they didn't say anything I am hopping that its okay but for now I will try not to worry about it and just deal with things as they come.
Well I better go play with my kids.
MANNYPS Thanks for watching my kids again Char. You made the day go a little easier.
2 comments:
Anytime, sweet thing. They are such good little ones. i love ya, and I'm so proud of you for loving your little boy through his rough days. hugs, Char
It sure is tough to be a mommy some days isn't it???
Way worse to watch them go through things like this than it is having them have a "misbehaving" day or whatever.
It's stuff like this that pulls our heart strings! That hurts!
Happy to hear all is great with him though!!! We are blessed to have healthy children!! There are many many in this world who are not so lucky!!
We'll keep praying!
Dawn
Post a Comment