Hello!
Yesterday was a pretty good day!
Ed let me sleep in till 10:30.
He had done a load of dishes for me already and had started a fire in the fireplace.
The kids were fed and Happy! And of course coffee was on.
So anyways, Ed had planned a hunting trip with his friend yesterday evening, but Ed couldn't get ahold of him.
So I called Eds parents to see if they could watch the kids so that I could go out hunting with him.
They said yes, so off we went.
It was about a half and hour drive to where we were going.
We took the canoe off the truck and packed up our stuff and took the canoe down this little hill path.
The path opened up to a lake. It was awesome.
Anyways, we got into the canoe and I was praying that we wouldn't tip it because Ed had warned me that the canoe we were using was very tippy.
We fished for a little while and had a visit. We didn't catch anything but that was okay because after about 30 minutes with no bites we both agreed that there weren't any fish in that lake, even though we had been told different by his friend, so we just put down our rods and talked some more as the wind pushed the canoe along.
After awhile I asked Ed to teach me how to paddle.
We laughed so hard because I could only get it to go in circles.
Im sure there will be more jokes to come in the future about that. Anyways, I did happen to get us over to the other side of the lake, It only took 7 min. We sat there for awhile and then Ed paddled us back in 2 minutes.
yah I know Im pretty sad but I could not seem to get the thing to go straight.
Anyways, after that his friend showed up and came in the canoe with us.
So that was pretty much the end of our clowning around and visiting with each other.
But it was definitely a wonderful time to have with Ed.
We didn't catch a fish or shoot anything.
We didn't even see anything to shoot.
We did see a pretty cute tiny beaver though that I wanted to bring home but knew I couldn't.
But I do have the memory of that time he took me down to a Lake in a very tippy canoe and all we did was talked and laughed like the old days. One of the only times that we weren't even upset that we came home empty handed.
MANNY
2 comments:
Ahh Manny that is sooo cool!!
I'm sooo happy you guys had time to re-connect!! I love it when that happens!!
Good for you, love. Sounds like a happy memory in the making. And don't feel bad about the canoe thing, it's NOT as easy as my young brother makes it look!! Love you!!
Post a Comment